Eventuri Intake System - BMW M5 F90 2018+
Acceleration Time : 60-130mph Reduced By 0.22 seconds
The F90 M5 Eventuri intake system was developed through extensive real world testing and airflow simulation analysis. It demonstrates the perfect balance between allowing for unrestricted airflow with our semi-open filter housings whilst maintaining low IATs through cold air saturation with our scoop and shield combination. Our large front air scoops transfer ambient air directly into the intake area thus ensuring the engine doesn’t suffer from heat soak. In addition, our gold heat-reflective lined shields have integrated flow guides which direct the ambient air from the scoops into the filters. We have also managed to increase the inlet tube cross-sectional area by over 30% compared to the stock intake as it feeds through the openings in the strut braces. This allows the turbos to work more with less restriction and reduce the waste-gate duty cycles
THE EVENTURI DIFFERENCE:
The F90 M5 Eventuri system uses our Patented Carbon Fibre Housings with our Gen 2 bespoke filters, which provide an aerodynamically efficient airflow path from the filter to the turbos. Not just another cone filter with a heat shield but a unique design which invokes the Venturi affect and maintains laminar flow conditions to reduce the drag on the turbo.
The Eventuri F90 M5 intake system consists of a number of components engineered to perform a specific purpose and fabricated to the highest of standards. Here are the details for each component and the design ethos behind them:
Each intake system consists of:
- 2 x Carbon Fiber Venturi Housings with Integrated Tubes
- 2 x Bespoke High Flow Generation 2 Filters
- 2 x Aluminium Inlet Cowls
- 2 x Carbon Fiber Air Scoops
- 2 x Laser Cut Heat Shields lined with Gold Heat Reflective Material
- 2 x Laser Cut Air Ramps integrated into the Heat Shields
- High Quality Silicon Couplers and OEM Spec Hose Clamps
The intake was tested on the road using a Vbox unit to record the acceleration from 60-130mph . Testing was carried out on the same stretch of road - again on the same day to keep variables minimum. Results show that with just the intake added - on stock software, the acceleration times from 60-130mph reduced by 0.22 seconds which is a significant improvement at such speeds.
Acceleration results summary:
- 60-130mph with Stock intake = 8.48 seconds
- 60-130mph with Eventuri intake = 8.26 seconds
- The gains are from a combination of reasons:
- The larger inlet tube volume alows the turbos to work with less drag.
- The Venturi housings provide a smooth transition from the filter to the intake tube keeping airflow laminar.
- The large front scoops force ambient air into the intakes keeping the IATs low.
Images are for representation purpose only. Actual product may vary.