The RennTech tuning module allows the user to change the performance level and gives the ability to set different performance levels running both higher or lower boost compared to delivered settings. This gives you power on demand or economy when you want with smooth torque delivery and performance throughout the entire powerband. This also allows the user to compensate for fuel quality and places of extreme climate or to adjust for higher octane fuels and the added performance of racing blends.
The lightweight forged billet wheel features a dramatically larger than stock impeller (inlet side) and an increase in the turbine trim (exhaust side). This combination of high quality, lightweight components coupled with less rolling resistance compensates for turbo lag despite being a functionally larger turbo. Our Turbo Upgrade uses a modified bearing and a stronger shaft, to remedy the factory's weaknesses. The end result is nothing short of spectacular with the RennTech turbo package making up to an incredible 460 HP and 415 TQ at the crank.
More power isn’t the only performance benefit as our turbo spools quicker, offer a more responsive throttle and immediate power delivery thanks to a reduction in exhaust back pressure, rolling resistance, higher RPM's and a lighter rotating mass. In addition, our turbo upgrade kit includes the RennTech ECU Upgrade and high-performance air filter. The Turbo Upgrade has been developed in partnership with RennTech GmbH, facility in Germany, and was tested and perfected on the Nürbugring. All parts are tested in-house as well to ensure years of 100% trouble-free and leak proof operation.
We have found the M177 engine stock performance numbers vary from the baseline figures claimed by Mercedes-Benz. We typically see higher baseline numbers than claimed by the factory.
Power gains are calculated based on stock numbers measured by RENNtech.
Crank Performance Numbers are calculated with a 16% Drivetrain loss on 4MATIC+ vehicles.
Numbers published by MBUSA are an average over a 750rpm range for HP and a 2,000rpm range for TQ. Power gains are calculated based on the peak stock performance measured by RENNtech.
Our numbers will be dependent on conditions and fuel quality. 93+ Octane gasoline is mandatory with this Performance Upgrade.
States known for poor fuel quality have to be supplied with a lower power setup
- The RennTech Stage I Turbo Upgrade comes with an RennTech ECU Upgrade, RennTech Blow-Off Valve Adapters, BMC Air Filters and RennTech Fuel System Upgrade.
- Larger impeller (inlet) wheel
- Cartridge shaft is larger and stronger to support larger wheel
- Entire cartridge is fine balanced as an assembly
- Lightweight forged billet wheel
- Less rolling resistance offers quicker spooling
- Virtually no lag with impressive throttle response
- Precision machined impeller and turbine housings
- Up to 875 HP and 873 TQ @ crank
- 630 HP @ 5,500-6,500rpm; 664 LB-FT @ 2,500-4,500rpm
- 670 HP @ 5,500-6,500rpm; 668 LB-FT @ 2,500-4,500rpm
- 681 HP @ 6,250rpm; 736 LB-FT @ 3,450rpm
- 875 HP @ 6,200rpm; 873 LB-FT @ 4,200rpm
- 735 whp @ 6,200rpm; 733 wtq @ 4,200rpm
- 2019 Mercedes-Benz X290 GT 63 AMG
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz X290 GT 63 AMG
- 2019 Mercedes-Benz X290 GT 63 AMG S
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz X290 GT 63 AMG S
Images are for representation purpose only and may differ depending on application.