Performance Upgrade Petrol:
The performance upgrade consists of a control unit for retrofitting into the vehicle. The control unit ensures that the data is processed depending on the speed and accelerator pedal position and the values for boost pressure, track pressure and air mass are passed on to the standard engine control unit. The parameters are slightly increased by the AC Schnitzer performance increase. This results in a model-dependent power increase of up to 20% of the engine and increases the efficiency of the engine.
During development, it is checked in which speed range the highest torque increase is achieved. This is followed by a controlled reduction of the changed parameters for the high speed range >5000 rpm. This prevents the engine from overheating during long, fast journeys. The standard protection parameters for the engine are retained with the AC Schnitzer performance upgrade.
In addition, the AC Schnitzer performance increase also has extensive additional parameters for protecting the engine and drive train, such as cold-start and overheating control.
The AC Schnitzer performance upgrades are only activated from approx. 1000 rpm and from an oil temperature of 80° C. Overload / Overheating Control From a water temperature of 115° C, the output is automatically regulated back to the series output. AC Schnitzer performance upgrades undergo extensive test series on race tracks, test benches and in daily traffic. These test series last up to 9 months and several 10,000 km
AC Schnitzer Performance Upgrades: Overall performance figures for a standard engine modified with a performance upgrade are based on the standard data in the vehicle documents which may deviate up or down. When fitting the AC Schnitzer performance upgrades, please ensure that the wheel and tyre combination has an adequate speed and load index.
- Control unit with software programming
- Vehicle-specific wiring harness with original plug connection
- Incl. assembly guarantee: 3 years in Germany - up to 5 years internationally
- Qarranty terms
- Aluminium sticker for the engine compartment
- Sticker Efficient Performance
- Certificate Performance Upgrade
- Certificate of authenticity
- Additional control unit with programming
- Plug & Play
- Optimized motor efficiency
- More Performance = Improved agility
- Homologation certificates for almost all performance upgrades
- M2 with engine S55B30T0 and 302 kW / 410 hp Standard Performance
- Performance: 368 kW / 500 hp
- Torque standard: 550Nm
- Torque AC Schnitzer: 650Nm
Vehicle Fitment Chart:
Images are for representation purpose only and may differ depending on application.