Superchargers and turbochargers generate more than just boost. They generate a ton of incremental heat during operation, resulting in a ‘heat-soaked’ engine and eroded performance. So their power increase creates its own power decrease problem. Oops.
But an Active Autowerke methanol-water injection system will help chill the intake charge to a cooler temperature – effectively combating the heat soak effect. Additionally, the methanol-water mix increases your engine’s knock limit – thus serving as insurance against unwanted high boost detonation.
The Methanol-water is precisely delivered and metered by its own electronic module. This module not only monitors the boost pressure within the engine but also controls the delivery flow to match both the engine load and demand as needed.
The large 1.8+ gallon reservoir is well suited for this task. The capacity is there to meet most demands; the trunk mounted location is ideal by being the furthest position away from both engine and exhaust heat; and its trunk position maximizes the trunk space. It has a rigid mount that's very secure, yet it can be easily detached if needed by its spring loaded quick releases.
If there’s one mod you should be considering for better forced induction performance, this is it.
Methanol or any liquid is not included with this system. The end user is responsible for procurement !
- Trunk-mounted 1.8+ gallon reservoir with inline filter and low pickup tube
- Reservoir location on Battery Tray maximizes trunk storage
- Methanol-water mix is not influenced by either engine or exhaust heat
- Robust high volume pump will deliver on demand and is suited for a methanol-water mix
- Electronic module delivers precisely. Settings can be re-adjusted if needed
- Injection hose and wiring routed within a protective casing
- NOT a generic, universal system but manufactured model specific
- Detailed instruction with pictures makes for a simple install
- Tested and proven on our 500+ HP turbo and supercharged cars
- 1996 Bmw E36 Z3
- 1997 Bmw E36 Z3
- 1998 Bmw E36 Z3
- 1999 Bmw E36 Z3
- 2000 Bmw E36 Z3
- 2001 Bmw E36 Z3
- 2002 Bmw E36 Z3
Images are for representation purpose only and may differ depending on application.