Combine the Active Autowerke Exhaust Section 1 with a pair of Hi Flow 100 cell metallic catalysts and you have part of a winning combination for your BMW E46 M3.
The BMW Factory Section 1 with RASP like sound Active Autowerke Exhaust Section 1 only comes into play if the E46 M3 already has a performance header already installed. One will experience a high smell of unburnt fuel. (due to the open exhaust w/o any catalysts) and development of a RASPY like sound of which the BMW S54 engine is notorious for with the BMW Stock Section 1 when equipped. This raspy like sound is a matter of engine sound harmonics at a specific RPM range, a sort of resonance that is very loud and noticeable when the engine is revving at or above 4,000 rpm. With the Active Autowerke Exhaust Section 1 installed, the BMW performance gains are about the same as running the factory section 1. However, that's impressive considering the exhaust flow is also being filtered while running through a pair of 100 cell catalysts. The power and performance is still there.
- Designed and recommended for Off Road Use
- Pair of 100 CELL Hi Flow metallic exhaust catalysts included
- No unburnt fuel like smell
- NO RASP like sound
- Brushed Finish for that industrial appeal
- Constructed from 100% 304 stainless steel
- Utilizes factory mounting points for easy bolt-on install
- Two year warranty with Free Tech support
- 2001 Bmw E46 M3
- 2002 Bmw E46 M3
- 2003 Bmw E46 M3
- 2004 Bmw E46 M3
- 2005 Bmw E46 M3
- 2006 Bmw E46 M3
Images are for representation purpose only and may differ depending on application.