The AMS Subaru Intake Manifold was designed to outperform the competition. We referenced many modern design examples and engineering studies to bring you the best intake manifold available for the Subaru EJ20 and EJ25 WRX & STI. After extensive testing we ended up with a manifold that makes more power than anything else currently available on the market!
For the Subaru EJ Intake Manifold the plan was simple, take our years of engineering experience and design the best intake manifold available. Designed, prototyped, and tested in house by our team of Engineers, the AMS Subaru EJ Intake Manifold was created to be the best unit available on the market. By casting this manifold it is not only stronger, but it allowed us to optimize the power output by giving us the freedom to sculpt the interior geometry for maximum efficiency and airflow.
By utilizing Solidworks© & CFD (computational fluid dynamics) software we started with an extremely large plenum size of 4.5L for the ultimate top-end power. We also designed CNC machined bellhorns which act as internal velocity stacks and allow for a broad power curve and high RPM horsepower capabilities. This allowed us to optimize massive 2.5″ tapered runners and matched cylinder port angles to minimize turbulence and maximize power output. This was only achievable with the incorporation of the TGV section of the manifold. This allowed the taper to happen over the entire 13” length of the runners instead of it happening in only a few inches through the factory style TGV housing. With the incorporation of the TGV housings into our manifold, we have made the AMS Subaru EJ Intake Manifold a cost-effective one piece solution. Gone are the days of having to purchase both an intake manifold, and separate TGV delete housings.
Requires adapter to use WRX style drive by cable throttle body
Requires using STI style drive by wire throttle body
2008+ STI may require mild clearancing of A/C compressor line
- 4.5 Liter Plenum Volume
- 13” Equal Length Intake Runners (Measured from Face of Bellhorn to End of Runner)
- 2.5” (63.5mm) Intake Runner Diameter (ID of Bellhorn)
- Bellhorn OD 3.8” (96.7mm)
- TGV Housing Replaced with Long Runner Design
- Increased Port Size at Cylinder Heads Allow Matching to Larger Hand Ported or CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
- Available in Standard or Reversed Configuration
- Throttle Body Opening Accepts Larger Throttle Bodies up to 2.625” (66.675mm) or 70mm with mild porting
- Available in 4 Configurations (Standard, Standard Coated, Reversed, and Reversed Coated
- 2002-2005 Subaru WRX EJ20
- 2006-2007 Subaru WRX EJ25
- 2008-2014 Subaru WRX EJ25
- 2004-2019 Subaru STI EJ25
Images are for representation purpose only and may differ depending on application