This CSF upgraded oil cooler has a better cooling efficiency than the factory cooler. Better cooling performance reduces the potential failure or interruption. The stock oil cooler design allows one to pass through the cooling fins and then returns via an external pipe. BMW wasted an opportunity to return the oil through the cooler again.
CSF recognized this drawback and their Dual-Pass cooler allows the oil to pass through more cooling surfaces to further reduce temperatures. The CSF has double the number of tubes of the stock cooler! Hot oil such as from track driving can send oil temperatures over the limit and force a shutdown or limp mode. This CSF cooler reduces the potential for that and lets you get on with your track day.
- Drop-in fit coolers require no modifications to install; They fit OE bumpers and accept factory oil-line connections, mounting brackets, shrouds, and ducts even aftermarket splitters
- Many feature dual-pass, high-performance cores that replace OEM single-pass designs for maximum surface area and flow
- OE low-efficiency, mechanically bonded cores replaced with CAB-brazed, high-efficiency, turbulated, heavy-duty, bar and plate design cores for the most reliable and durable coolers available (on specific applications)
- High-density, multi-louvered fin design with more surface area than OE units
- Where applicable, fully TIG-welded end-tanks vs. OE mechanically jointed and tack-welded tanks for superior reliability and durability
- Select applications include CSF's A/C condenser technology using super-high pressure, multi-channel micro-tubes
- Lab tested to be more efficient than OEM coolers
- M22 x 1.5 connections - 13'L x 4.75'H x 2.16'W
- Universal Dual-Pass Oil Cooler
Images are for representation purpose only and may differ depending on application.