In order to gain maximum power gains, these big turbos will need to be paired with DINANTRONICS Stage 4. Dinan’s intercooler to fully regulate the boost increase and deliver a polished product, the exhaust and intake are also recommended.
For the racing enthusiast or looking for the premium, this is the ultimate upgrade to fully maximize the power output of your EWG N55 engine. The compressor wheel inside the turbocharger is increased in size allowing ~30% greater flow which enables additional boost pressures at higher engine speeds while retaining efficiency. These are fully cast turbos that are manufactured to Dinan specifications along with an upgraded thrust system over the stock turbo to ensure reliable and prolonged life.
Benefits of the Dinan Big Turbo for the EWG N55 Engine:
- Peak power: 445 HP @ 6000 RPM and 455 ft-lbs @ 3000 RPM and a max gain of 128 HP @ 6000 RPM and 113 ft-lbs @ 6000 RPM when coupled with other Dinan Performance upgrades. (Data from F22 M235i.) 448 HP @ 6500 RPM and 417 ft-lbs @ 3000 RPM and a max gain of 152 HP @ 6500 RPM and 123 ft-lbs @ 6500 RPM when coupled with other Dinan Performance upgrades. (Data from F32 435i. Other variants may differ.)
- Dinan Installation instructions detail a procedure which is quicker than BMW's turbo replacement procedure saving the end-user money and time at the shop (Applicable to RWD vehicles only).
- Includes o-rings and gaskets needed for complete installation on a RWD vehicle only. If installing on an xDrive vehicle Dinan P/N D313-0117 is required for additional installation hardware.
- Factory matching new car warranty (4yr/50k) when run in Dinan specification.
- 50 State Emissions legal; CARB EO # D-176-49.
- Fully cast turbo that is manufactured to Dinan specifications with an upgraded thrust system thereby avoiding lengthy turnaround times caused by a core exchange program.
- Larger billet compressor/impeller wheel that allows ~30% greater flow over stock which then enables additional boost to be realized while retaining efficiency.
- Turbo assembly is compatible with electric wastegate vehicles only.
Kit only compatible with vehicles using an electronic wastegate. There is a separate kit (D310-0115) for cars equipped with a mechanical / pneumatic wastegate (applies only to the 335i).
Hardware supplied in the base turbo kit is only complete when installing on a RWD vehicle. If vehicle is an xDrive vehicle then additional hardware is required to complete installation. We offer Dinan P/N D313-0117 for those cases.
Installation times vary depending on application:
F22 M235i RWD, F30 335i RWD, F32/F36 435i RWD - 5.0 hrs
F22 M235i xDrive, F30 335i xDrive, F32 435i xDrive - 9.9 hrs
F34 335i xDrive, F36 435i xDrive - 10.4 hrs