The under hood appearance is completely changed and set off by intricate carbon detailing that make the engine compartment as flattering as the sleek exterior lines of the car. The aesthetics are the most recognizable change to the system, and furthermore the impressive functionality that lies beneath the carbon fiber lid. Striking' is the first word that comes to mind when you pop the hood of a F8x X5M/X6M with a Dinan carbon fiber cold air intake system.
The increased volume of the air box allows the larger filters to ingest more air at any given moment and elicit a slightly more audible and sporty tone over its stock counterpart. This optimized design yields increased HP/TRQ throughout the power band and shows consistent gains over stage 1 when combined with the stage 2 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner.
Benefits of the Dinan Carbon Fiber High Flow Air Intake for the F85 X5M and F86 X6M:
- More Power: Max gains of 23 HP @ 5500 RPM and 25 lb-ft of torque @ 4000 RPM when combined with the Stage 2 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner and exhaust over stage 1 tuning.
- Sportier Sound
- Improved throttle response
- ~15% Larger volume air box via a Carbon Fiber lid that allows for the spacing needed for the larger filters.
- 228% increase in filter area (stock: 44.5in² each, Dinan: 146.2in² each)
- Dinan filters draw air in from all around versus the stock filters which only draw from the front and back of the filter.
- Bolt-on installation
Due to limited production capacity the F85/F86 X5M/X6M carbon fiber cold air intake is highly susceptible to back orders. New orders placed today would not see shipment for 4 weeks.
Not legal for sale or use in California.