The RennTech R1 Performance Package is the perfect entry level performance upgrade for the E 63 AMG. With the combination of the RennTech ECU Upgrade and the latest, 3rd generation Diverter Valve RennTech is able to add up to 91 HP and 155 LB-FT to the 5.5L V8 BiTurbo engine.The addition of the upgraded diverter valve helps the engine to handle boost spikes in high boost pressure applications better. A surplus of boost will be released to the atmosphere and the turbocharger can be supplied with air quicker after the shifting process. This helps to eliminate the 'Turbo Lag'.
The R1 performance package increases performance to 696 hp and 801 lb/ft at the crank, without sacrificing daily driver comfort or reliability and offer huge gains across the entire RPM range. Due to increased power and boost levels, 93 Octane or higher gasoline has to be used with R1 upgraded RennTech vehicles to avoid damage to the engine. States known for poor fuel quality have to be supplied with a lower power setup. Please call for details and Race Fuel optionsy.
The R1 Pkg requires an additional core charge, which will be credited upon return of OEM turbo tubes to RENNtech. The tubes have to be returned in good condition. Deep scratches and dents will void the credit.
We have found the M157 engine stock performance numbers vary from the baseline figures claimed by Mercedes Benz. We typically see higher baseline numbers than claimed by the factory.
Power gains are calculated based on stock numbers measured by RENNtech.
Crank Performance Numbers are calculated with a 17% Drivetrain loss on 4MATIC vehicles.
Our numbers will be dependend on conditions and fuel quality. 93+ Octane gasoline is mandatory with this Performance Package.
States known for poor fuel quality have to be supplied with a lower power setup.
- Long-lasting and driver reliability
- Significant gains in horsepower
- Increases the performance
- Significant gains torque
- Increases horsepower
- Increases throttle response
- Increasing the engine's rev limiter
- Incredible performance gains
- RennTech ECU Upgrade
- RennTech 3rd Gen. Diverter Valve
- BMC High-Flow Air Filters
- 577 HP @ 5,500rpm; 590 LB-FT @ 2,000-4,500rpm
- 605 HP @ 5,500rpm; 646 LB-FT @2,800-3,900rpm
- 696 HP @ 5,500rpm; 801 LB-FT @ 3,700rpm
- 578 awhp @ 5,500rpm; 665 awtq @ 3,700rpm
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S212 E 63 AMG S Biturbo 4-Matic
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz S212 E 63 AMG S Biturbo 4-Matic
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz S212 E 63 AMG S Biturbo 4-Matic
Images are for representation purpose only and may differ depending on application.