Whether you live in a hot climate region, enjoy drag racing, or long high speed pulls on airstrips the INFINITI Q50, Q60 Red Alpha Heat Exchanger will help keep your intake temps lower and maintain your Infinite's maximum power output no matter the conditions.
Your 3.0L twin turbocharged engine does not use the typical air to air front mount intercooler (FMIC) you may be used to. Like many modern turbocharged vehicles the INFINITI Q60 and Q50 3.0L use coolant to cool the intake air charge through an air to water heat exchanger. Through testing, we found the factory INFINITI heat exchanger restricts coolant flow. This restriction slows the flow of coolant though the air to water intercooler minimizing the cooling of your intake air.
By doubling the thickness of the OEM core and increasing the frontal surface area by 151% you gain an extraordinary amount of added cooling. The Red Alpha heat exchanger core and end tanks hold an astounding 402% more coolant than the stock heat exchanger. You gain increased thermal capacity over the entire intercooler system by accommodating the added coolant. The Alpha Engineering Team designed the core with 22 fins per inch. The fin density allows more airflow, and thus more heat transfer through the thicker core. The Alpha Heat Exchanger is designed with OEM-like fitment which does not block or require relocation of the oil cooler.
For the core of the INFINITI Q50, Q60 Red Alpha Heat Exchanger we chose a motor sport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK. This high efficiency, single pass core is much larger and dissipates heat quickly for maximum cooling. Through our larger design, added fluid capacity, and drastically increased flow, your 3.0L VR30 twin turbocharged engine benefits from reduced intake air temperatures (IAT) boosting your power output.
- Double the thickness of the factory intercooler (22mm vs 11mm)
- CAD designed CNC billet aluminum end tanks
- Core and tanks designed in CFD heat transfer software to allow for the greatest heat dissipation
- Motorsport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK
- Drastically increased flow
- 402% added fluid capacity further reduces intake temperatures
- Alpha logo lets your competition know you mean business!
- Direct bolt-on installation, requires no cutting or drilling
- Can be used on stock or modified vehicles
- Comprehensive installation instructions
- 2016 INFINITI Q50 VR30 Twin Turbo
- 2017 INFINITI Q50 VR30 Twin Turbo
- 2018 INFINITI Q50 VR30 Twin Turbo
- 2019 INFINITI Q50 VR30 Twin Turbo
- 2017 INFINITI Q60 VR30 Twin Turbo
- 2018 INFINITI Q60 VR30 Twin Turbo
- 2019 INFINITI Q60 VR30 Twin Turbo
Images are for representation purpose only and may differ depending on application.