Dinan's billet short-shifter kits effectively reduce the amount of throw necessary to make gear changes providing a sportier feel. Larger BMW models with larger gear boxes require more leverage to make the gear changes, which is why BMW employs different shift handle configurations for various applications.
The Dinan short shifters are application specific as well in order to achieve an appropriate reduction of throw, providing the associated benefits without making the desired gear difficult to locate or require inordinate effort; a common complaint with other manufacturers' short-shift kits where a ''one size fits all'' approach is common. In addition, Dinan's short-shifters retain the nylon pivot ball and shifter bushing, providing the same smooth and quiet operation as the original shifter.
• A precise 20-25% throw reduction
• Counter balanced to reduce effort
• Two piece 416 Stainless Steel & Aluminum Stick assembly
• Two piece stick provides vibration free operation
• Dampened pivot cup with self lubricating pivot ball
• Polymer Iglide T-500 lower pivot bushings