Dinan High Performance Heat Exchanger for BMW F80 M3 F82 F83 M4
The stock system cools the intake charge by using a water-to-air intercooler, an expensive piece to engineer. The cooling circuit for the water that feeds the intercooler uses a primary cooler (heat exchanger) and a smaller secondary cooler in front of the passenger side wheel. Through rigorous testing of all 3 of those components and multiple combinations therein it was discovered that the most effective performance per dollar solution was replacing the heat exchanger with a larger unit.
Benefits of the Dinan High Performance Heat Exchanger for the F8x M3/M4:
- Consistent +10 HP / +20 ft-lb of torque on the stock engine tune. Additional gains realized when used in conjunction with the Stage 3 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner.
- 60% more core volume & 19% more face area than stock
- 40mm thick Dinan cooler vs. 24mm thick stock cooler
- 9° average water termperature reduction to the intercooler across the RPM range. Colder water improves intercooler efficiency and allows the intake air to be cooled by an additional 6° average across the RPM range compared to stock.
- Significant reduction in tendency to heat soak
- Rubber mounted for vibration isolation
- Track tested to ensure consistent performance under extreme conditions
DOWNLOAD INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION HERE
- 2015-2018 BMW M3 F80 Sedan
- 2015-2018 BMW M4 F82 Coupe
- 2015-2018 BMW M4 F83 Convertible
- 2019 BMW M2 Competition Coupe
- 2015-2018 BMW M3 Sedan
- 2015-2019 BMW M4 Convertible
- 2015-2019 BMW M4 Coupe
|Labor Hours/Installation Hours
||50 State Emissions Legal.
|Max HP Gain
|Max Torque Gain
||Dinan High Performance Heat Exchanger , Mounting brackets and bushings, hardware
||Stage 3 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is highly recommended to extract maximum power. 1 gallon of BMW coolant is required.